The Strategic Air Command & Aerospace Museum (SACAM) is looking for a detail-oriented individual to provide exceptional events to our clients and communities. Under the supervision of the Deputy Director, this position will oversee and coordinate Museum Events and Rentals. Responsibilities include project planning and coordinating every aspect of assigned events and managing rental requests and needs with Facilities, Guest Services, and other departments. This schedule is variable and is based on event demands; some weekends are required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Works with all departments on special events, including managing the project plan, adhering to budgets, coordinating on-site vendors, and coordinating the day-of needs.
• Ability to meet deadlines and effectively manage multiple priorities in a demanding work environment.
• Ensure customer contractual obligations are met.
• Ensure contractual rental obligations are met.
• Partner with the Facilities Team for the event and rental event set-up.
• Organize and code related invoices for Finance
• Maintain communication with all departments regarding the potential impact of space rentals and events.
• Identify best practices and other ideas to improve the event and rental experience for guests continually.
• Fill in where necessary to fulfill any duties required to make the event successful.
• Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
• College graduate or equivalent work experience. Experience in event planning and sales is helpful.
• Excellent communication skills: verbal, written, and non-verbal.
• Strong customer service orientation and working effectively with internal and external clients.
• Business Casual appearance and presentation.
• Social Media Marketing experience preferred.
• Media buying experience preferred.
• Strong organizational and time management skills.
• Strong computer knowledge with working experience in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
• Work is typically performed in both indoor and outdoor facilities.
• Work may be completed both in-office and at home, where applicable, and with approval.
• Outdoor events will include work in varying weather conditions.
• Physical effort may be required
• Job Type: Full-time
Annual salary starting at $38,500.00 – $41,600.00 per year plus benefits.