Aircraft & Collection
Aircraft & Collection
Address Line 2
District of Columbia
Armed Forces Americas
Armed Forces Europe
Armed Forces Pacific
Preferred form of contact:
Date of Birth
MM slash DD slash YYYY
Are you 18 years of age or older?
(There are limited opportunities for volunteers under 18 and in some cases minors may need to be accompanied by an adult. Inquire for more information about minor volunteer opportunities.)
Choose your area(s) of interest:
- Lead groups of visitors on guided tours throughout the museum. Provide information and answer questions about museum exhibits and events. Training Provided
- Volunteers would assist in our office with mailings, computer data entry and other general office duties. Training Provided.
- These volunteers assist our curatorial department in the following: creating hard file of information for items not accessioned into our collection and reviewing records from our collection, verifying location and status of items and entering data from accession sheet into Main Collection Record Database, developing standard script for specific permanent and temporary exhibits and research various topics, exhibits, and artifacts for use with the public. Training Provided.
- These volunteers work with experienced aviation technicians in restoring and maintaining our many aircraft and engines. No aviation experience necessary, just basic mechanical skills. Training Provided.
- These volunteers provide hobby, career, and education-specific skills to help empower our professional staff, conduct research, do lesson preparation, and otherwise assist with our unique inspirational programming. STE(A)M (especially Aerospace, Aviation, Weather), History, Civics, and the Cold War are primary areas of focus for our K-12 and adult educational activities
Do you have prior military service?
How many hours per week would you like to volunteer?
Which days / hours are you interested in working?
Enter the day you can work in the left column, and the hours you would like in the right column. Add more days by clicking the "plus" button to the right of the "Hours Available" box. If you have no preference, indicate so by entering "N/P" in the "Day" column.
What skills, training, or knowledge do you wish to utilize here?
If you have a disability, what accomodation (if any) do you need to perform in a volunteer position?
Emergency Contact Information
Emergency Contact Name
Emergency Contact Phone
Optional Second Emergency Contact Name
Optional Second Emergency Contact Phone
I certify that all my answers are true, to the best of my knowledge.
Stay informed – sign up for our eNewsletter!